Saturday, November 22, 2008

Blog Catch-Up

Well I have gotten a little behind on my blogging, so I will catch up on this blog.


ALYSSA GETS GLASSES

We received a letter from the school nurse letting us know that Alyssa may need glasses. Apparently when the school did there annual eye testing Alyssa didn't do as well as she should have. I made an appointment with the eye doctor. Alyssa did great during her eye exam, the doctor told me that she has astigmatism in her right eye and is far sided in her left eye. The doctor said that by wearing her glasses her vision may correct itself, that is what we are hoping for. Alyssa picked out her glasses. She saw a pair of purple & pink glasses and that is what she wanted. I think she was even more excited about the purple case with pink and blue stars on it. The doctors office called and let us know that her glasses were in, so we went and picked them up today. She like's her glasses, so we are glad & she looks cute! She doesn't have to wear them all the time, just when she does school work, home work, reads or colors.






MY LITTLE STINKER

Well on Wednesday (11/19/08) I went visiting teaching. I left Mikayla at home with my Aunt Sonia. While I was gone my aunt went to the bathroom and Mikayla was sitting on the couch watching cartoons. When my aunt came out Mikayla was gone. My aunt started calling her name and Mikayla would not answer. My aunt looked upstairs and downstairs, no sign of Mikayla, she went in the back yard and still no sign of Mikayla, she went out to the front yard and still no sign of Mikayla. She came back in the house and was calling her name and still no answer, she decided to go upstairs again, at this point my poor aunt was in tears and was getting ready to call me when Mikayla appeared out of no where. Well it turns out she was told she couldn't have any more candy and so when my aunt went to the bathroom she grabbed some candy out of the pantry and went and hid in her closet to eat it.


Oh and the next morning I was talking to her and I told her that I loved her, she just looked at me and put her hand on her hip and said "Oh yea, prove it"






DAVID AND DIANE'S WEDDING

On Saturday 11/15/08 Clint's step-brother David got married. He was married in the Arizona Temple. What a busy day. We had to be at the temple by 10am, which meant we had to leave our house by 9am, which meant we had to be up by 7am. After the wedding their was pictures of course, Clint's Uncle John was the photographer (he is a really good photographer). After the wedding was the family luncheon, we then went to the hotel where some of Clint's family was staying. Clint and Lason(Clint's Step-brother) took our kids and Lason's kids swimming in the hotel pool and me, Phyllis(Clint's mom) and Joleen(Lason's wife) went to go decorate for the reception. Well then of course we had the reception and then we had an hour drive home. We got home at about 10pm. It was a wonderful sealing, the spirit was wonderful in the sealing room and the reception turned out great. We don't know Diane very well yet, but we look forward to getting to know her. David is just wonderful, I have no doubt that he will be a great husband and father!!


Clint and David


Our family with David & Diane


Family members on Clint's side of the family

Jordan caught the bouquet. This is the 3rd bouquet she has caught, she caught my cousin Tanya's, Clint's cousin Sonia's and Diane's




TIME OUT FOR WOMEN AND GIRLS

Time out for women is put on by Deseret Book and they came to Arizona on Saturday 11/8/08. Normally it is just time out for women, but this year they added the girls (ages 12-18). I went with my friend Jennifer Foxx and her daughter Elizabeth. It was absolutely wonderful. What a great spirit that we felt while we were there. Jenny Jordan Frogley, Cherie Call, Abe Mill from Jericho Road and Hilary Weeks performed. They were fabulous, their music is so good. I bought Taylor Cd's from each of these LDS artist and she met them and had them sign her CD cover. John Hilton III and Laurel Christensen were Motivational speakers and they were good as well. It went from 9am-3pm. Well worth the tickets. Taylor really enjoyed it and she loves her new Cd's. It was nice to be able to spend time with Taylor and do something together.


Me and my Taylor

Taylor & Elizabeth


We each received on of these book bags



ALYSSA LOST HER FIRST TOOTH

On Saturday evening (11/8/08) Alyssa lost her first tooth. She was so excited, Clint helped her pull it out and it didn't even hurt. She put her tooth under her pillow and of course the tooth fairy came, That was the most exciting part for her.







TAYLOR'S VOLLEYBALL PICTURES




4 comments:

Lynnae said...

Nice picture Taylor. I wanted to go with my girls to Time out and I was on the website about to buy the tickets when I realized it was the same day as my teacher certification exam. :( I had to pass this year. Maybe we can go next year and meet there.

Kelly Merrell said...

I love Alyssa's glasses! I remember hating glasses when I first got them, but mine weren't nearly as cute as that! And that is hilarious that Jordan has caught so many bouquets. Scary for you when she is so pretty!

Amie said...

Alyssa is such a DOLL! I absolutely love her excited face when she tells me every time I pick them up from school that "she didn't get her car moved." (as if I ever thought she would!) She is so sweet! If I ever have a girl...I'd want her to be just like Alyssa! Alex told me the other day that he was in love with Alyssa! I tried to hold back my laughter...then I explained to him that they could only be friends for about 11 more years. :)

mph said...

I really like Alyssa's glasses! Very cute! That is good to know the school nurse checks that stuff since they don't do it at well-checks. I didn't know they had time out for women and girls! How fun!