Friday, February 27, 2009

Trip To The Grand Canyon

The 7th grade at Taylor's school took a field trip to the Grand Canyon today. I was able to go as a chaperon. We arrived at the school at 5AM and didn't get back to the school until 11:30PM. We rode the buses up to Williams, AZ and from there we took a 2 hour train ride to the Grand Canyon. We then meet up with our Ranger for our group. I have to say it was very interesting, I learned a lot about the Grand Canyon. When you look into the Grand Canyon it looks like a painting, very pretty. After we were done with our Ranger we had time to go to the gift shop and hang out a little bit. We came back home through Flagstaff, AZ. It was pretty cold up at the Grand Canyon, but it was actually nice to go up to the cold for the day. I really enjoyed spending the day with Taylor. I was afraid that the kids in my group were going to be trouble makers, but they were so good. They were very respectful and they listened and did what they were told. At the end of the day The boys said to me "Mrs. Cluff thank you for being our chaperon." I really enjoyed having these kids in my group. We had a good time, but we were sure tired by the time we got back to the school. Just before we boarded the train Our Group
Taylor looking into the Canyon through the telescope

4 comments:

Lynnae said...

How fun. None of us including John-the native- have been to the Grand Canyon. I enjoy field trips with my kids.

Natalie said...

That looks like fun!
Pretty sure that I was supposed to go to your house on Saturday.... am I just really confused!

Heather said...

Of course all the kids in the group liked you. You are the cool mom.

Laura said...

What a fun trip! It is beautiful there. You must hike Havasupai when you get the chance--that is awesome.