Sunday, October 5, 2008

Fall Break

Well, Friday was the last day of school before fall break. My kids now have 2 weeks off. Yea!! I had parent teacher conferences on Thursday and I am so proud of my girls (yes, I am going to brag. I am a mom, I am allowed). Taylor and Jordan have always been great students, it is sure nice to add one more child to that list. Alyssa's teacher told me what a great student Alyssa is and also how respectful she is. In our district k-5 grades are graded in each subject with FFB(falls far below), AP(approaching), M(meets) and E(exceeds). Alyssa is meeting and exceeding in her subjects. She also received a certificate because she is one out of two students in her class that has never moved her light off of green so far this year. They start off on green everyday. If they get a warning they move to yellow and if they get in trouble again they move to red. Jordan is also meeting and exceeding. She is super good in math, her teacher said that she is always done with her math early and so she gets to go and work on the computer. Her teacher also said that Jordan is very respectful and well behaived. Taylor received All A's. She definitly has worked hard. She has had to stay up late on many nights doing homework due to her volleyball schedule. She has managed school and her sports and other activites very well. Her teachers also told me that she is a pleasure to have in class. I can't complain, my conferences are very rewarding. I have been blessed with wonderful daughters. I told my girls that if they received good grades I would take them to the book fair and buy them a book (this is considered a reward to them, they LOVE to read). They each picked out a book and will start on them after they are done with the books they are currently reading! Well now we will have fun for the next 2 weeks!!!!

1 comment:

mph said...

Well, I knew your girls were cute but now I know they have beauty AND brains!!! That is awesome that they love reading so much. Cute blog. I will send you an invite via email to mine cuz it's private.